8.28.2013

Jelly Roll Race

A couple of years ago I made this quilt top during a "Jelly Roll Race" with my friend, Monica.  We were in a group of about 30 ladies and all of us wound bobbins and lined them up ready to "go".  We used 42 strips of coordinating fabric that were 44" x 2 1/2" long.   We cut, we sewed, and we hurried.  The first one done got a prize--she did "random", but this girl doesn't do "random" very well.  So, I actually went home, took a few blocks apart, and sewed them on in a different place so my colors balanced.  Finally, I put the borders on . . .
 
 . . . and then Monica quilted it for me.   I JUST finished binding it, so I thought it was appropriate to post this today because she has just lost her son and my heart goes out to her.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS