1.01.2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and may 2011 be a great year! I have been following a blog in which the writer and her husband created 52 different dates each Friday night during 2010. "Project 52" described many simple ideas such as putting a puzzle together, making and eating homemade ice cream, and playing board games. She and her husband took turns planning the activities one week at a time.

I kept thinking about this and decided to adapt the "52" concept in 2011 to set goals. It happens to correspond with my age (yikes), so it has to be a sign. Anyway, here are some things I am going to try to accomplish this year: Reorganize 52 things in the house, learn 52 songs/hymns on the piano (without mistakes), watch 52 favorite movies (on DVD), write 52 journal entries, and many more. I've made a grid sheet with 52 lines for each week. There is also a space for the specific goal and the date accomplished.

If anyone is interested in jumping on board and sharing ideas, goals, or results--please let me know and we'll do it together. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, admitting your age!! And those are some lofty goals! Reorganizing 52 things...you probably are already half way through that goal :) And 52 DVD's - does watching the Bachelor count?

It would be fun to see the progress of some of these things throughout the year.

Kathee said...

Clearly I don't look at your blog often enough!!! I'd love to know more about the original Project 52 as well as your goals. I'm pretty sure I could be on board with that.

And I love all the cute crafts!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS