9.06.2010

Back to School

Labor Day always reminds me of going back to school. When I was a child I could barely sleep the night before in anticipation for the first day of school. Then when I was a teacher, I was always excited to meet the kids and give them crisply sharpened pencils, brand new boxes of crayons, and carefully printed name tags for the new school year. My classroom had welcoming bulletin boards and a shiny, clean floor. But, my best memory of Labor Day is from 1984 when our first child was born--happy belated birthday Lindsey! You're the best!

Here's a card for all those who teach and appreciate the teachers in their lives. It was made with "Apple Blossoms" and "A to Z". The Real Red 3"x3" scalloped square is from the new "Scallop Squares Duo" die in the Holiday Mini.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Are you sure that 1984 was your "best" Labor Day? I was under the impression that it was slightly miserable...

Still, you can't beat Labor on Labor Day. Labor on Groundhog's Day (in Nashy's case) just doesn't have the same ring to it.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS